Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Random Thoughts on Books, Snow, Christmas, Music, Etc.

Okay, haven't been blogging much...lots on my mind.

1. I've been reading a lot lately. Just finished Born Again by my Bowdoin classmate Kelly Kerney - a really amazing first novel! It's all about a Born Again teenager who has to read the verboten Darwin's Origin of Species for an honors class, and the book details her evolution (get it? evolution.) into a more critically thinking young adult. Pretty special, and no, not in a stop-eating-the-paste kinda way. I also just finished Moneyball (just google it, I'm too tired to put in the link) and it is incredible as well. It's the kind of book I'D like to write - a nonfiction book written with the style and pace of a novel. I highly recommend both of them, to you, my three loyal readers.

2. It's been snowing a lot in the mountains. I'm getting excited for skiing! Eldora opens on Friday, that's where I've got my pass. Maybe I'll go Saturday, but I'm guessing it might be packed. I was thinking I might go on Thanksgiving morning, when everyone else is cooking! By the way, how the HECK is Thanksgiving next week?!? I swear it was the 4th of July yesterday.

3. Speaking of Thanksgiving, is it Christmas yet? I'm looking forward to Christmas...decorations...cookies...but most of all, the music. Can't wait to pull out my Ray Charles Christmas CD. But I am controlling myself, not until after Thanksgiving!

4. I am OBSESSED with that Put Your Records On song by Corinne Bailey Rae, ever since I saw her on SNL!! It was on the radio when I turned on my car this morning, which is how I knew it was going to be a good day.

Okay, I think that's all. Enjoy my random hodgepodge of thoughts.

No comments: