Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ooh La La, Oscar Night

Watching the "pre-game" show...loved Al Gore saying that if there was a movie of his life, he would want William Hung to play him! Big question of the night - is Gore REALLY going to announce his candidacy for '08?!? I don't know.

A couple predictions...

Best Picture: The Departed (SO amazing!)
Best Actor: Forest Whitaker (I didn't actually see ANY of the movies in this category)
Best Actress: Meryl Streep (that's all)
Best Supporting Actor: Eddie Murphy (his scenes were my favorite parts of Dreamgirls!)
Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson (so talented)
Best Director: Martin Scorsese, the Departed (finally)
Best Documentary: An Inconvenient Truth (duh - I'd bet the farm on this one - did ANYBODY even see any of the other nominees?)
Best Animated Feature: Cars (I love the way the windshields are the eyes instead of the headlights, like most animated cars)
Best Song: Listen from Dreamgirls (why the heck wasn't that I'm Telling You song nominated?)
Best Original Screenplay: Little Miss Sunshine (this movie's gotta win SOMETHING)
Best Adapted Screenplay: The Departed (only one I saw in this category)

Okay, I'm not doing all the lame categories like film editing and sound mixing. BOR-ing.

Okay, back to watching the show...we'll see how psychic I am!

No comments: