Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring Resolutions

Since today is the first day of spring (or is tomorrow?) and I haven't been doing that great on my New Year's resolutions, I'm instituting a new set of spring resolutions:

1. Exercise more. I'm not giving up on running the Bolder Boulder yet, but between ice, injuries, illness, and travel, I haven't really been running. So I am hoping to get running again, start doing some strength training, etc. I gotta get in shape for my bridesmaid stint in August!

2. Read more. I've actually been reading a fair amount lately, but want to pick up the pace a bit. I've been spending way too much time in front of the TV lately (I've even gotten sucked into the American Idol phenomenon, something I resisted for years!).

3. Get the house organized and decorated. My little house is heavy on the clutter and light on the personality. I put a few more framed photos up last weekend, but I want to get some more up, and I need some big prints and maps and stuff like that on the walls. I also need to take the plunge and buy a couch - I'm tired of not being able to invite anybody over to hang out cause I don't have anywhere for them to sit!

4. Save money. I've got some big plans for an awesome road trip through the Southwest to San Diego and back next summer. I'll be in Cali for my cousin Steve's wedding, which is going to be the wedding of the century (and I'm going to be a bridesmaid!). My cousins (and fellow bridesmaids) Caitlin and Betsy are probably going to join me on the way back, and we'll hit Las Vegas (yeah baby!), the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, and maybe Arches National Park. I want to save up some money to live it up a bit! I'd also just like to get better about avoiding impulse purchases and putting money in my IRA and stuff like that.

5. Try to be more social. I was thinking the other day, "nobody ever comes and hangs out at my house". Well, I never invite anyone over! Partially that's due to the aforementioned lack of couch. But I want to get better in general at inviting my friends over for dinner, on hikes, out for drinks, etc., and also remembering birthdays and other special occasions.

Okay, that's all I can think of right now. Oh yeah - I did meet one of my New Year's resolutions - I learned to ski the black diamonds! Woohoo!

No comments: