Monday, January 22, 2007

Five Favorites for January

I meant to start doing this EVERY month, just a way of noting my favorite things periodically so I can look back and say, oh yeah, in October I was obsessed with That 70s Show! (I think I will enjoy that...not sure that anybody else will, but hey, blogs aren't really for the READERS, are they?) Anyways, this month's favorite five:

1. The Office (especially Season 2 on DVD, but also the current season). Nothing better on TV these days. I think it's the best comedy since Seinfeld. Maybe even better than Seinfeld (although they are so different, it's hard to compare). Current favorite Office quote: "The office is like Friends. I'm Chandler...and Joey." (Michael, of course.) Another similar (and classic) Michael quote: "Ryan...is book smart. I am street smart...and book smart."

2. Adobe Photoshop Elements. I have been having SO much fun lately just messing around with Photoshop - I learned some neat effects from a magazine article and I've been digitally altering all my photos ever since. I also have been trying a little digital scrapbooking - I downloaded a bunch of swirly brushes and digital "stamps".

3. L.L. Bean. They are on my good side this week because I saw a suitcase in a catalog for $99, but online it was $119, so I called and asked them to honor the catalog price even though the catalog stated quite clearly that the prices were only in effect until 12/31/06, and they gave me the $99 price! That kind of customer service goes a long way, in my opinion.

4. My new iPod FM transmitter. So I can listen to all my tunes in the car. Frickin' awesome.

5. Soy sauce. Okay, I get that it's basically salt water and probably not worthy of being in my top five. It's just SO tasty! (I'm thinking of soy sauce right now because I made a yummy cashew chicken stir fry last night.)

No comments: