Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Photos from Trip to Maine/Boston

Just a couple of highlights from my recent travels...

One of the best parts of the trip was seeing my nephew Kieran, who's about 21 months old, enjoying the first Christmas he was really old enough to understand (if by understanding you mean playing with the stuffed Santas and snowmen around the house).


This picture is from Christmas Day down at Five Islands:


Outside the famous L.L. Bean store there is a live 40' Christmas tree. This year, they decorated the tree with Nalgene bottles, and it was possibly the MOST beautiful Christmas tree I've ever seen! These pictures really don't do it justice.




On my last full day of vacation, my parents and I went to Boston and checked out the new ICA museum. The "art" was a little contemporary for my taste, but the modern building was spectacular! After the museum, we drove through Boston, past Fenway Park (!) and into Cambridge, where we walked around the Harvard campus, had a lovely dinner, and met up with my college friend Sarah for dessert!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neato pics! Happy New Year! I too made a resolution to be in better touch with people...it's crazy how diasporic we all become. I have to come up to boulder again soon!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.