Monday, June 05, 2006

Bolder Boulder

So, I live in Boulder, Colorado, which is famous for (among other things) a 10K race known as the Bolder Boulder. It's one of the largest road races in the world, and over 45,000 people run/walk in it each year. By the time I made it down to the course, it was definitely the "walk-joggers" wave (emphasis on the "walk"), but I got to see literally thousands of participants streaming through the streets of Boulder. It was a pretty amazing sight. I was watching near the corner where the TV crews were set up, and it was funny to see a bunch of walkers break out into a run for the cameras!



There were bands playing all along the course. Some people were wearing costumes (including Wonder Woman and a banana - guess Frank forgot to invite her to his party!) and everyone seemed to be having a great time! Next year I'd like to attempt to run/walk it. I walked up to Folsom Field where the race ended, to hear the national anthem and see the military flyover (Top Gun, anyone? I feel the need...the need for speed!); it was a pretty cool "only in Boulder" kinda day.


No comments: