Wednesday, June 21, 2006

High School Metaphors

One of my favorite email forwards that's been going around for years recently rearrived in my inbox...thought I'd share a few of my favorite "real metaphors and similes from high school students"!

His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.

She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you're on vacation in another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 p.m. instead of 7:30.

The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.

It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools.

No comments: